Monday, March 8, 2010

Hi and welcome!

This is my blog about being in a band. Not a day-by-day diary of my band experience, but rather, my thoughts about issues that confront people as they form bands and try to keep bands going.

What credentials do I have to talk about these subjects? Well, I've been in a bunch of bands over the years, I've studied a lot about music and the music business, and I'm a pretty keen observer of life. Although it's hardly easy, putting a band together and operating in the musical marketplace are not really all that complicated, but there's a lot of misinformation and superstition out there to mislead the unwary, some due to ignorance, some due to people's ideas and beliefs not keeping up with changes in the world, and some due to sharp customers preying on the uninformed. I'm hoping that this blog will serve to help some people focus on the right things, keep expectations realistic, and avoid the pitfalls that have taken a steep emotional and sometimes financial toll on unsuspecting musicians.

Drop me a line if you would like to see a specific topic addressed.

1 comment:

  1. I have a pair of acoustic control corporation speakers. They look like the 626 but much bigger with a 15inch woofer, a midrange and 1 tweeter. The pair also have two buttons that say tweeter and the other for midrange. You have to use a flat screw driver to tune the highs on these buttons. they are extremly heavy and are very powerful. They also have a port hole with a tube running to the back on the bottom left of the cab. My question is, what model are these speakers and what year are they from!? Please someone help me on this one. These are really nice looking and sounding speakers.

    ReplyDelete